10 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About Me

Hey guys!

Today I decided to stray a little from my general topics in order to give you a little dose of Vitamin Me...
Just kidding, I don't love myself that much x

Still I thought it would be fun for you to get to know me a little more before I start posting . So here we go!

1) I am a writer - And I mean this not only in the sense of blogging but also poetry and writing pieces on Instagram. If you want to check out my Instagram account (my writing account) then be sure to search @svmz.e and feel free to like, comment and subscribe if you like it!

2) I have podophobia and an immense dislike of toes - This has led to a weird addiction to wearing socks and stockings even if the midst of a summer heat wave.

3) I am Muslim - No, I am not a terrorist. Neither do I believe in massacres, or believe that beating your wives is acceptable. This is not Islam regardless of what the media leads you to believe.

4) I love books - With a capital L. I cannot select a favourite book in particular but enjoyed Sense and Sensibility (from the classics), The Hunger Games, The Birthright Series by Gabrielle Zevin and The Pact by Jodi Picoult. I enjoyed Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns more than I have ever enjoyed any book before.

5) I am terribly short for a 14 year old (whoops, that counts as two facts)

6) I am a South African Indian. And a country girl.

7) I am an only child - It has its benefits but most of the time I wish I had siblings

8) I am addicted to Smarties currently and enjoy all things chocolate

9) My dream job involves being a freelance writer cross entrepreneur and I am not sure how I can incorporate these two but I'll get there one day. I've also thought about starting a social entrepreneurial business such as community centres all around the world where poor people are provided with food, shelter and clothing as well as recreational facilities and other additional luxuries all for R10 a night (equates to less than a dollar). All I can say is, hopefully, one day.

10) I don't listen to music or watch TV anymore, but if I have to rewind to the last time I did, I'd say my favourite movies were Aashiqui 2 and The Hunger Games. Disney was always my favourite series channel (don't tell anyone lol).


So there you have it, ten unexpected facts about me, some more unusual than others. I hope you enjoyed the post

xxx
Sumayya

Comments

Popular Posts