Book Review: Delicious

Title: Delicious
Author: Nicky Pellegrino

Summary:
Maria Domenica is a traditional Italian girl, born and bred to become a part of the next generation of hard-working wives and mothers. However, Maria has her own plans which involve venturing into dangerous, foreign waters that leave a ripple effect that has repercussions from the 1960s until today. Delicious tells us a delicious story of love, food and Italian culture.

My Opinion:
Delicious was a lovely book, filled with adventure and the discovery of the great unknown. I couldn't put it down until the very  end, and I was desperate to taste a little more even after the last crumb had slid down my throat. However, the scenes are slightly too straightforward and graphic, and so I would suggest parental guidance as to children reading this book. Still, it is an emotional journey of hurt, betrayal and lies that every person should receive a morsel of.


Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular Posts